Making a nursing station will absolutely ease your breastfeeding experience. A nursing station provides both comfort items and necessities, hopefully making it all a bit more comfortable.
You can choose to have a basket or a cart for your nursing station. I also recommend a smaller basket or bag that is moveable to be part of this with all of the essentials just in case you need to take it to another area of the house. Below you’ll find a list of items I recommend purchasing to create the ultimate nursing station.
Breastfeeding Station Methods
These are items that you can place your essential items into for ease. All three are fantastic to keep things portable.
- Get it on wheels! Check out this Amazon cart or this IKEA cart
- Make like Dorothy and grab a basket
- Keep it classic with a caddy
The little things add up! These are items that will provide what you need within easy reach.
- Burp Cloths
- Nipple Balm
- Water Bottle
- Nursing Pads–Disposable or Washable
- Haakaa pump or Haakaa Ladybug
- Lip Balm
- Phone & Charger
Other Items to Consider
- Prenatal Vitamins
- Nursing Cover–just in case you have unexpected guests while nursing, and you feel like covering up.
- Hand Lotion
- Gel Pads
- Lavie Lactation Massager (a nice-to-have, not a must-have)
- Diapers, Wipes, & Bum Cream
- Garbage Bag
Also, these items don’t have to be in your cart/basket, but you may want them within reaching distance.
- Remotes: TV/Fan/Lights
- Blanket (for you and/or for baby)
As you develop this station, know that you can always remove or add items that help you feel comfortable while nursing. Breastfeeding isn’t always an easy task, and the better setup you have physically, the happier an experience you will have. You’ll be spending a lot of time breastfeeding; you might as well provide yourself with a set-up to help you enjoy that time.
What would you add to this list?
As always, I am here to help. You can find more blog posts here, and reach out to me at email@example.com if you ever have questions or need assistance.